Give the gift of music this holiday season! It’s not too late to give the gift of an experience that will be remembered for years to come. Whether it’s encouraging a family member to finally learn to play an instrument, helping them take their practice to the next level, getting a group out for a night out on the town, or providing an opportunity for someone to get more involved in their community – we have something for almost everyone on your list!
Gifts The Entire Family Can Enjoy…
- Music classes: We have lots of music classes for every level and age. Explore classes based on your instrument or genre of interest.
- Private Lessons: Not looking to start with a group yet? That’s ok! Whether you’re a complete beginner or an experienced musician looking to take your playing to another level, private lessons can help you get there.
- Tickets to Four Mile Historic Park’s December Delights featuring Snow on the Grove series featuring SHM teachers performing live music every Friday. December Delights runs through January 2nd.
- Plan ahead and have something to look forward to w/ Ukefest Tickets (May 2022)
Gifts For Your Partner (and a future date night)
Give them the experience of a workshop. We have quite the options, whether you play an instrument, sing, want something genre or artist specific, good chance is we have it! Better yet, sign up together and make it a date night!
Concert Tickets. Nothing like the power of live music! Get tickets for you and yours for an upcoming show like:
- Legends: Keola Beamer & Henry Kapono on January 20th
- Rachel Baiman on March 5th
- Tinsley Ellis on March 16th
- Loudon Wainwright III on March 26th
- Davey, Do You See the Light Musical on April 9th
- Sondre Lerche on May 12th
- Aoife O’Donovan on May 14th
For the person who has everything…
SHM Gift Certificate (good towards school and membership)
SHM Membership – Comes with discounts on concerts, music school, at our community partners and more! PLUS you get to be part of a fun and unique community.
Concert Tickets – they don’t have these yet! From singer-songwriter to a folk musical, we have great artists to choose from.
For the more experienced musician…
Progressions – Know someone who has been playing at home, going to jams, but is looking for something that will help them go from home musician to gigging? This unique four month immersive program is the gift that will keep giving! Taught by SHM teachers and renowned musicians, Martin Gilmore and Thomas Jennings, choose from Progressions Folk Guitar for beginning guitar players learn to become more intermediate musicians, and Progressions Guitar where intermediate guitar players learn to become more advanced musicians.
For the Secret Santa or White Elephant gift exchange…
A bottle of wine from Divino (our community partner). SHM Members receive 10% off purchase of wine
SHM merchandise (available for purchase at our Yale location)
For a group…
Concerts – grab your friends or family and check out our variety of artists coming up late winter and spring! Some of these shows will sell out.
The Moth – this monthly series is great for a group. Whether you want to sign up and share a story or just listen. Tickets on sale one week prior to the show.
For the charitable friend/family member…
SHM membership – give back and get benefits! Memberships go to support our outreach developments, like music education and music therapy programs. It’s a win-win!
Donation in their honor. Give a gift that has lasting impact!