Jobs at Swallow Hill Music
Reporting to: Outreach Manager
Hours: Part time, 2-10 per week with opportunity for growth
Compensation: $76.50 per hour (with sick time and 401K accrual
Position Summary: This position will help cover current music therapy programming, but there may be additional opportunities available for immediate work in addition to long-term
opportunities. SHM’s outreach programming is growing rapidly and we are looking for interested therapists to teach a variety of programming.
Job Description: Swallow Hill Music music therapists use evidence-based interventions to
support specific physical, emotional, cognitive, or social needs, using music as the tool or
medium. SHM music therapists work with populations, including:
● individuals with Sensory Processing Disorders or Autism Spectrum Disorders
● individuals with developmental disabilities
● individuals living with memory loss, dementia, or Alzheimer’s Disease
● individuals dealing with trauma, PTSD, or mental health issues
● individuals who are immunocompromised and their families
● veterans living with mental health needs
● MT-BC certification
● Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Music Therapy
● Experience working with ASD, kids and adults with mild to moderate intellectual and
developmental disabilities, geriatrics and dementia, and early childhood development
with special needs
● SHM music therapists might provide individual sessions at SHM Yale location for families interested in adaptive lessons or general music therapy sessions
● SHM music therapists might provide group sessions offered at remote locations throughout Denver metro area
Other duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO Statement: Swallow Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Swallow Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities or
whose service requirements interfere with a religious belief, unless doing so would result in
undue hardship or a direct threat to SHM. Please contact human resources at 303-777-1003 to request accommodation, or for questions or concerns regarding this policy.
If you are looking for a chance to broaden your overall clinical skills and scope of practice, and
want to work alongside a diverse musical team, consider joining the team at Swallow Hill Music.
How to apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Music Therapist Application.”