You may have noticed that since Swallow Hill Music closed our physical spaces in March to help combat COVID-19 through social distancing, we have started connecting with people on Facebook Live through our Facebook page with Swallow Hill Live.
We love seeing so many of you tuning into our Facebook Live events! While digital shoutouts in the comments section cannot replace an in-person hug or laugh, it does help us all feel a little closer together.
With that in mind we are excited to introduce Swallow Hill Live, where every evening we will present a different artist on Facebook Live. All shows are at 6:00pm Mountain Time.
The response has been overwhelmingly positive, but we understand Facebook is not everyone’s favorite social media platform for a variety of reasons. We have heard several of you ask a simple but direct question: Why Facebook Live?
We’re glad you asked.
We have nearly 15,000 followers on our Facebook page. This is currently the easiest way for us to reach the largest part of our community on a social platform. In a virtual and literal sense, Swallow Hill Music is on Facebook.
For similar reasons, many of the artists set to appear on Swallow Hill Live have already gone live from their own artist pages or those of other venues on Facebook. Right now, there is no other platform where artists and venues are already speaking the same language to the same degree.
Furthermore, our Facebook page is open to the public. You can see our concerts and events on Facebook Live even if you do not have a Facebook account.
- This link will take you to the event page on Facebook. Once the live stream concert begins, we will post the Live link in the comments of that event.
- You can access the concerts from this livestream page as well.
- Again, live streams are available to viewers with or without a Facebook account. Viewers without a Facebook account can access the stream directly using this livestream URL.
- You may experience a delay of up to four minutes from FB Live, so hang in there! Our artists will go live and give it a moment or two before starting the show.
- If you can’t make it right at the start time, that’s ok! The event will be available anytime you are ready to watch.
We realize this is very new to many of you, it’s new to us too! We also know that while we are committed to growing Swallow Hill Live on Facebook, this is the beginning of a new world of online programming for us. While we move forward on Facebook Live, we are also exploring alternate ways to bring exciting new content to you, our beloved audience. Let’s experience this together!
If you have questions, we’d love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com.