We are deeply saddened by the tragic events that have taken place in our community over the last few weeks. Our friends, activists, neighbors, and communities have been severely impacted from the Denver area shootings and the Marshall Fire. There are a lot of us that want to help and we have created a list of resources to do so. We know that this is just a start and that there are many more resources out there.
Ways to support those affected by the Marshall Fire:
- Donations can be made to Community Foundation of Boulder County https://www.coloradogives.org/bouldercountywildfirefund?step=step1
- Register as a volunteer and sign up for email updates on volunteer opportunities at ColoradoResponds.org or the American Red Cross
- Variety of Resources for those impacted: https://www.bouldercounty.org/disasters/wildfires/marshall/
- Stay up to date on the latest information, resources, support, etc. here https://www.boulderoem.com/emergency-status/ and here: https://www.cpr.org/2021/12/30/boulder-county-fires-where-to-evacuate-and-how-to-help/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=alert&utm_campaign=alert20220105
- Help feed fire victims through Conscious Alliance: https://consciousalliance.networkforgood.com/projects/150509-david-weingarden-s-fundraiser
- Many musical instruments were lost in the Marshall Fire. Future Arts Foundation Colorado is collecting instruments and donations to help replace those beloved instruments. FAF Colorado
- Offer housing to displaced families through AirBnB’s Open Homes Program.
Ways to support victims and families from the shootings:
Below are the GoFundMe pages and ways to support victims of the shootings that took place a few months ago.
- Alyssa Gunn-Maldonado and James “Jimmy” Maldonado (who was also shot in the attack, but survived) GoFundMe has been set up to cover funeral expenses and help with James’s recovery.
- Alicia Cardenas, founder and owner of Sol Tribe, GoFundMe.
- Sol Tribe, Employee/Artist Fund, GoFundMe
- Danny (Dano Blair) Scofield, owner and artist of Lucky 13, GoFundMe
- Hope Tank on South Broadway is accepting gift cards for groceries, gas, and other needs that will be distributed to artists of Sol Tribe and Lucky 13.
- Jeremy Costilow, his wife, and infant daughter survived a targeted attack by the shooter, who also torched Costilow’s van. GoFundMe
- Sarah Steck, artist and employee at the Belmar Hyatt House, GoFundMe
- Lakewood Police Officer Ashley Ferris survived her encounter with the shooter, but will be in recovery for quite some time, GoFundMe
Our community will not be the same after these events. However, we are strong and we will rebuild and continue to support one another.