Swallow Hill Music is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to bringing the joy of music to life every day. As a home for individuals and families who want to learn about, listen to and perform music, we invite everyone to connect and experience music in their own way. Swallow Hill Music hosts exceptional musical experiences throughout the community, focusing on the presentation of world-class artists who enrich the local arts scene and range from noteworthy local performers to up-and-coming and seasoned national and international acts. Our music school welcomes students into an inclusive community where they make social connections through music. With more than 165,000 musical connections made each year, Swallow Hill Music brings a new energy to the Denver metro area with programming that builds a community of music listeners and learners that are connecting to music in fresh and innovative ways.
Already know you want to apply?email paul
About Swallow Hill Music
The Board of Directors
The Swallow Hill Music Board of Directors comprises leaders from the nonprofit and for-profit sector who are dedicated to the organization’s mission. Our board members champion the ability of music to positively impact the quality of people’s lives and are committed to bringing the joy of music to life every day. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and are fully engaged in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for Swallow Hill Music to advance its mission.
What you'll be up to
Serving on the Swallow Hill Music Board of Directors is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about positively impacting the quality of people’s lives through music. Board members are expected to:
- Attend a minimum of 8 board meetings and the annual retreat each year. Directors may attend board meetings by phone, but in person is preferred. They are expected to read board materials in advance of board meetings and to come prepared to ask questions and participate in discussions.
- Serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work.
- Play an active role in securing the financial resources necessary for Swallow Hill Music to achieve its mission. Board members are expected to leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders, as well as directly invest in Swallow Hill Music’s work by making a personal contribution each year. Every board members is asked to meet or exceed an annual $5,000 Give-and-Get fundraising goal.
- Participate in at least 6 Swallow Hill Music programmatic connections throughout the year, which might include attending concerts, taking classes, participating in fundraisers, volunteering, and other mission-centric activities.
- Responsibly represent Swallow Hill Music to their respective communities and to advocate for the organization’s mission, programs, and services as appropriate.
- Have the financial acumen to read and understand financial statements and to otherwise help the board fulfill its fiduciary responsibilities.
- Serve a board term of two years with the opportunity to serve for up to four consecutive terms.
Curious about our current board members?see board of directors
What we're looking for
Although we will consider all well-qualified applicants, we are currently recruiting for diverse leaders with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Civic Leadership
- Community Relations
- Finance, Accounting and/or Investments
- Information Technology
- Performing Artists Community Leadership
- Public Education, Early Childhood Education and/or Education Policy