House of Rock FAQs

Can a student register for another camp and/or all camps?

Yes! Students can sign-up anytime for another camp session before it starts or the day of if it is not sold out. Many students take at least 2 sessions and some take multiple sessions. You can register on-line or call our awesome front desk at 303-777-1003 ext 2.

Where does the Monday- Friday camp takes place?

Swallow Hill Music
71 E Yale, Denver CO 80218
Map (Click for Google Map)

Where do the Saturday concerts take place?

Keep an eye out on your email. Performance venues change depending on the week.

What should House of Rock Camp students bring?

Part of the House of Rock Camp experience if for students to learn how to use their musical gear. Students should bring any equipment that is essential for playing their particular instrument including (but not limited to):
· Instrument (guitar, bass, etc)
· Instrument Strap (you will need to play standing up)
· Amplifier
· Cables
· Tuner
· Effects equipment
· Picks, Drum Sticks, etc
· Lunch and Snacks
· Signed Medical Forms
· Notebook to write in

What is provided?

· Sound system
· Amplifiers (if students don’t have them)
· Drum Kit
· Key Boards/Piano
· Microphones
· House of Rock Camp Booklet
· House of Rock T-shirt
· House of Rock Lanyard

Does Swallow Hill Music sell or rent any equipment?

Swallow Hill has instrument cables, guitar picks, and guitar strings for sale. Swallow Hill has drums, microphones, and keyboards available for students. Swallow Hill does not rent instruments but has some acoustic guitars and amps for students that need to borrow them at camp only.

Is there a time to meet the camp staff?

Yes! Parents and guardians can come in before camp starts to meet with camp staff Monday-Friday. Please call the front desk at 303-777-1003 ext 2. to schedule.

What kind of medical and emergency information I need fill out?

We take medical situations and health care very seriously at our camp. You will be prompted to fill out emergency information upon registration. To receive (or potentially receive) medicine (including an Epi-Pen) while at camp you will need to sign the Medical Form and provide a signed approval note from your child’s physician. Our camp cannot administer any medications without this form.

What should students do for lunch?

House of Rock students should bring a bagged lunch (and snacks if desired) that does not require refrigeration. School Café is not open for food service during camp. Students are required to stay on the Swallow Hill campus during lunch and entire camp.

Do you allow peanut, tree-nut, or dairy products at your camp?

Campers may bring peanut, tree-nut, and/or dairy products in their lunches, although we do encourage parents to limit the use of peanuts or tree-nuts in their children’s lunches. Swallow Hill can, in no way, guarantee a 100% nut-free or allergen-free environment, and therefore cannot be labeled as an allergen-free or nut-free school or camp. We ask that all House of Rock parents discuss allergies beforehand.

Is there a uniform?

No. Though House of Rock Campers are provided with a T-shirt the first day of camp that they can wear at anytime.

Who do I contact if my House of Rock student is going to be late or miss a day of camp?

Contact the front desk @ 303-777-1003 ext. 2 or tell the camp director, Chad Johnson. If possible, please let us know in advance of all absences or tardy arrivals to camp.

What are your student drop-off and pick-up policies?

We are very strict about our pick-up and drop-off policies! Students are to be dropped off between 9:30 and 10am. Students are to be picked up from summer camp between 3:00pm and 3:15pm.
Students have the option of taking additional private lessons on their instrument after camp from any of Swallow Hill’s instructors. For more info or to register please call 303-777-1003, check our website, or stop by the front desk.

Can I pick up my child early from House of Rock camp?

If you need to pick up your child before 3:00 PM, please contact the front desk at 303.777.1003 ext 2. When doing an early pick-up please come into our building and check-in with the front desk. They will locate your child and sign them out.

Register Now!


2017 Camp Dates
June 5-9: First Band Experience
June 12-16: Second Band Experience
June 19-23: Advanced Camp: The Talking Heads
July 10-14: Intermediate/Advanced Camp – Soul of Rock
July 17-28: Songwriting/Recording Camp (2-week camp)
*There will be a Saturday performance following each week of camp.

$395/ week (Songwriting camp is a two-week camp and is $780).

Scholarship assistance available for all camps. To apply please e-mail Ashley King ( with the subject HOR CAMP SCHOLARSHIP APP