Jobs and Internships
Position: Marketing Manager
Reporting To: Director of Marketing
Hours: Full Time/Salaried; Monday-Friday with occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Compensation: $28,000-$32,000, commensurate with experience
Post Date: 7/15/2015
Deadline to apply: 7/31/2015
Start Date: ASAP
Job Description: Swallow Hill Music seeks an organized, detail-focused individual to fill a full time position at our 71 East Yale location. The Marketing Manager will manage Swallow Hill Music’s publicity efforts, our graphic designer and artists’ publicity teams, as well as other special projects as needed. The Marketing Manager is one of three members of the marketing department at Swallow Hill Music.
How To Apply: Send a resume and a cover letter providing in depth information on your professional experiences by email only to:
Lindsay Taylor, Director of Marketing
Subject: Marketing Manager
- Manage contracted graphic designer to deliver all advertising and marketing collateral projects on time and in budget.
- Act as key communicator and information gatherer with artist publicists, agents and managers as necessary to communicate and obtain key marketing information.
- Write press releases and contact key press contacts on a regular basis to keep them informed of Swallow Hill Music events and secure coverage of events.
- Manage and generate mailing lists for direct mail pieces
- Manage vendor relationships with printers, graphic designers and mail houses
- Update online calendars
- Act as marketing team lead on various special projects as needed
- Support organization’s special events as needed
- B.A./B.S and 2-5 years of previous marketing experience, preferably with experience managing people
- Flexible, self-guided, self-motivated employee
- Detail oriented with organizational skills, with an innate sense of immediacy
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management leadership and organization skills, including a consistent record of excellent execution (on time, accurate and on budget) and ability to manage large quantities of detail.
- Proven experience managing multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Google Drive products
- Prior experience managing graphic design and advertising production preferred
- Experience managing CRM systems and databases preferred