Jobs and Internships
Chief Operating Officer
Reporting to: CEO
Hours: Full Time
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for leading and managing the internal staff of Swallow Hill Music to deliver the organizational mission across its array of programs at both on-site and off-site locations.
- Work in partnership with the CEO on operationalizing and executing the strategic plan goals of the organization.
- Lead program teams in setting vision, developing and executing annual operating plans and associated budgets focusing on mission and financial goals, which includes regular reporting of status, opportunities, and challenges to the CEO.
- Provide staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence, supporting an open door culture for all staff, and working to enable staff to meet the organization’s objectives, and their personal objectives.
- Lead the process of day-to-day facility needs as well as Yale facility building remodel, managing external resources and internal communications
- Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization, individual objectives, and individual development plans.
- Act as the point person for IT infrastructure, working with IT contractor to deliver necessary day-to-day IT support and longer term IT vision and planning and lead the final implementation phase of the enterprise system
- Own the emergency management plan and appropriate training for internal staff.
- Work in coordination with CEO to develop and maintain strategic partnership relationships as required by the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of related senior management experience, a successful track record in best business practices with a high level of leadership and fiscal management skills. The successful candidate should have a passion and enthusiasm for Swallow Hill’s mission – the importance of music education and performance in the community.
Please email cover letter and resume to paul @swallowhillmusic.org with the subject line “Chief Operating Officer”. Materials must be received 5pm April 25, 2017 to be considered for this position.
Production and Promotion Internship
Swallow Hill Music is looking for three (3) enthusiastic, responsible, self-sufficient individuals to be our Production and Promotion Interns for the 2017 Summer Concert Season. You will be involved in the planning and execution of Swallow Hill Music events.
You will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Concert Director to learn the process of contracting, planning, limited marketing, and execution of concerts. You are expected to dedicate no less than 20 hours per week to this internship; you must be present in the office on Tuesday mornings, at all Botanic Gardens and/or Arvada Center concerts, and summer festivals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Production Assistant for Denver Botanic Gardens and Arvada Center shows
- Production assistance at street festivals, Four Mile Park, and some in-house events
- Tracking attendance to concerts
- Planning and preparing materials for concert staff
- Attending marketing and production meetings weekly
- Organizing completed concert files
- Other duties as assigned
- Working towards or recently achieved a degree in music business, hospitality, or event planning-related field
- Detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective project management skills essential
- Ability to multi-task and work without constant direction
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Initiative, drive, common sense, creative flair and flexibility essential
- Strong working knowledge of Google Drive and Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel.
This is an unpaid internship; however, complimentary tickets will be available to the intern for all summer concerts produced or promoted by Swallow Hill Music. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided on every event day (35-40 each season). Additionally, references will be provided upon request upon the successful completion of the internship.
Qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Concerts
Attn: Production and Promotion Internship
Please, no phone calls.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 24th, 2017 at 12 am
Interviews: May 1st – 12th, 2017
Start: May 16th, 2017 at 10 am
We will review proposals as they are submitted, and we will contact you if we are interested in meeting to discuss your qualifications further.
About Swallow Hill Music
Founded in 1979, Swallow Hill Music is a nonprofit community in Denver for musicians and music lovers. The organization brings people together through its school, outreach programming and concerts, and is a home for individuals and families who want to learn about, listen to and perform music. Each year Swallow Hill Music connects more than 138,000 people to diverse music traditions on stage and in the classroom.