Jobs and Internships
2015 Summer Interships Available!
Swallow Hill Music’s Production and Promotion Internship
Swallow Hill Music is looking for two (2) enthusiastic, responsible, self-sufficient individuals to be our Promotion and Production Interns for the 2015 Summer Concert Season. You will be involved in the planning, marketing, and execution of Swallow Hill Music events.
You will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Concert Director to learn the process of contracting, planning, marketing, and execution of concerts. You are expected to dedicate no less than 20 hours per week to this internship; you must be present in the office on Tuesday mornings, at all Botanic Gardens and/or Arvada Center concerts, summer festivals, and 50% of the in-house concerts on Friday and/or Saturday nights.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Production Assistant for all Denver Botanic Gardens OR all Arvada Center shows
- Production assistance at street festivals, Four Mile Park, and in-house events
- Tracking attendance to concerts
- Planning and preparing materials for concert staff
- Attending marketing and production meetings weekly
- Organizing completed concert files
- Other duties as assigned
- Working towards or recently achieved a degree in music business, hospitality, or event planning-related field
- Detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective project management skills essential
- Ability to multi-task and work without constant direction
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Initiative, drive, common sense, creative flair and flexibility essential
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products required, specifically Excel.
This is an unpaid internship; however, complimentary tickets will be available to the intern for all summer concerts produced or promoted by Swallow Hill Music. Additionally, references will be provided upon request upon the successful completion of the internship.
Qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Concerts
Attn: Production and Promotion Internship
Please, no phone calls.
Deadline: Friday, May 1st, 2015 at 5 pm
We will review proposals as they are submitted, and we will contact you if we are interested in meeting to discuss your qualifications further.