Jobs and Internships
Position: Quinlan Cafe staff (part time)
Start Date: 10/2/2016
Compensation: $12-$15/hr, DOE
Schedule: part time, 9 -15 hours per week. Weekday schedule: 4:30pm – ~9:00pm. Weekend schedule: 6:00pm – ~9:30pm
Swallow Hill Music (SHM), the second largest roots, acoustic, and folk music community in the United States, strives to provide an outstanding experience to both students and concertgoers. To that end, SHM opened the Quinlan Cafe in 2014 to provide a community space for students and members of the general public who travel to SHM to either attend a concert or support a family member. The cafe, operating under an artist gallery license, serves beer, wine, and cocktails along with dry goods such as chips and candy, non-alcoholic beverages, and locally-sourced baked goods. The perfect applicant will be friendly, possess exemplary customer service skills, be reliable and dependable, and have flexible availability during the evening time on both weekdays and weekends. During the winter months, this job will usually entail around 10 hours per week and during the summer months, it will be closer to 15 hours per week.
- Set up cafe space at SHM, 71 E Yale Ave, Denver, CO 80210. This includes putting all of the chairs down, arranging wine and liquor display, checking quantities for beer, setting out all food (chips, candy, baked goods), and etc.
- Provide customer service as needed to patrons, staff, and volunteers
- Pour beer, wine, and mix cocktails as requested by patrons
- Maintain cleanliness in the cafe, including wiping down the bar and coolers.
- Using SHM point of sale system (POS) operated via iPad.
- Reconciling the drawer at the end of the night
- Depositing revenue with front desk staff
- Putting away all cafe materials, cleaning, and turning off all lights upon exit.
Application deadline: Oct. 9
To apply: email Jobs@swallowhillmusic.org with subject line: Quinlan Cafe Staff. No calls, please.