Jobs and Internships
Position: Accounting Specialist
Reporting To: Director of Finance
Hours: Full Time; Monday-Friday with occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Compensation: Depends on Experience
Job Description: Swallow Hill Music seeks an organized, detail-focused individual to fill a full time position at our 71 East Yale location. The Accounting Specialist will execute the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions, execute the payroll function, assist with general ledger accounting and fixed assets. This position is responsible for preparing relevant reports of certain financial activity and requires the utilization of accounting knowledge and skills for problem solving.
- Input invoices and bills to the Quickbooks accounting system in support of the accounts payable work.
- Reviews accounts payable transactions for accurate documentation.
- Provide timely and accurate payment processing by creating checks on a weekly basis.
- Maintain reports and files on accounts payable processing.
- Receive and balance cash/credit card transactions and make bank deposits weekly.
- Reconcile credit card transactions monthly.
- Reconcile general ledger revenue accounts to the sales database.
- Manage the accounts receivable process and records.
- Maintain fixed asset database and depreciation schedules.
- Assist in monitoring budget vs financial reports.
- Assist in budget preparation and compile information pertaining to budgets, accounts and inventories.
- Support activities such as monitoring grant funding and expenditures.
- Provide administrative and recordkeeping support for Human Resources.
- Provide sales tax reporting for state and local taxes on a monthly basis.
- Execute the semimonthly payroll processing in outsourced payroll system, including record maintenance.
- Maintain all corporate records and licenses.
- Perform purchasing functions for supplies.
- Receive and process W9’s for contractors.
- File W-2 and 1099-Misc forms in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with vendors; respond to inquiries and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
- B.S. Accounting/Finance desirable or comparable work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in accounting with focus on accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Proven, solid Excel skills and exposure to automated accounting systems, experience with QuickBooks preferred.
- Flexible, self-guided, self-motivated employee.
- Detail oriented with organizational skills and an ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven organization skills, including a consistent record of excellent execution and ability to manage large quantities of detail.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive, and Paychex products desired.
- Experience with point of sale systems and databases preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send applications to email@example.com
Customer Service Associate
Description: As a Customer Service Associate, you will be responsible for providing excellent customer service by maintaining various front office responsibilities including group class and private lesson registration, ticketing, daily set up and tear down, membership sales and working outside events.
Terms: $11 per hour not exceeding 28 hours per week (the role with start at around 20 hours/week).
Saturday and Sunday shifts during the day, and some weekday evening availability required.
- Ensure a high level of customer service and dependability
- Work with students to find the appropriate teacher and time for private lessons and classes based on style preferences, experience and availability
- A strong desire to gain knowledge about Swallow Hill Music’s mission, programs and instructors
- Technological aptitude – this role requires extensive use of in-house database and software systems
- Process concert ticket orders in person and over the phone
- Register and collect payments for classes, workshops, and private lessons
- Handle sales of memberships, merchandise and gift certificates
- Troubleshoot teacher and student issues as they arise
- Set up classroom needs at the start of each day
- Maintain timely and appropriate communication with students and teachers in regard to scheduling changes, teacher cancellations, etc.
- Perform closing duties and proper daily accounting
- Friendly and personable with students, staff and instructors
- Arrive to shift on time and ready to work
- The ability to maintain a flexible schedule
- Other administrative duties as assigned during slower business periods
- Excellent customer service skills and telephone etiquette are required.
- Attention to detail is vital, as is the ability to juggle many simultaneous tasks.
- General competence with computers is necessary, although specific training will be provided for the software in use.
- A background in music is not a requirement though some musical knowledge is preferred.
- The right person for this job will have the ability to maintain a positive attitude and patience while dealing with a variety of customer inquiries and issues and will maintain good communication with fellow employees including the Customer Service Manager.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Customer Service Position” in the subject line. Please no phone calls.