Jobs and Internships
Violin and Fiddle Instructor
Term: Part-time, 3-15 hours a week for Group Classes, Private Lessons, and Workshops. Adult specific but kids a plus. Monday and weekend availability.
Post Date: March 26th, 2014, Deadline: April 7th, 2014
Start Date: April 28th, 2014
Schedule: Schedule will be set upon hiring based on demand. Classes, private lessons, and workshops are offered at Swallow Hill Music 7-days a week.
How to Apply
Send teaching resume, 3 references with phone numbers, and a cover letter providing more in-depth information on your professional teach experience, ages you teach, musical styles, and at what level of proficiency by e-mail only to: Andres Cladera, Director of Music School, firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Violin and Fiddle Instructor
Swallow Hill Music is hiring an instructor to teach Violin and Fiddle. Instructor will be teaching Violin and Fiddle in group classes and private lesson settings to mostly adults though may include teens and kids. Instructor will also have the opportunity to teach Fiddle, Specialized, and Ensemble classes related to modern and popular music on the violin/fiddle. There are additional opportunities to teach workshops and participate in Swallow Hill Music’s education outreach program. Swallow Hill Music is seeking a teacher who can keep a consistent year round schedule. Swallow Hill Music offers six, 8-week sessions a year of group classes and private lessons with scheduled time off at holidays and 3 multiple week breaks through-out the year.
- Provide well-rounded quality musical instruction to students by:
- Encouraging creativity, consistency in attendance, practice, progress and performance.
- Tailoring your teaching to the individual needs, abilities and goals of each student while teaching fundamental musical skills as outlined in the Swallow Hill Music Levels.
- Inspiring your students through your passion, talents and love for teaching which in turn will foster their musical and personal growth.
- Engage yourself and your students with the Swallow Hill Music community and actively support its mission.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with parents and students in order to support their educational progress, maintain enrollment and ensure each student has an exceptional experience at Swallow Hill Music.
- Have knowledge Swallow Hill Music’s educational path and recommend programs that will stimulate and expand your student’s artistic education.
Administration, Registration, and Retention
- Maintain a consistent schedule and commit to your group class and private lesson engagements.
- Effectively manage your studio and schedule working closely with the registration staff and with adherence to Swallow Hill Music’s written policies.
- Be actively involved in assisting the admissions and registration team in the retention and maintenance of your studio.
- Accurately maintain student attendance records.
- Respond to requests from the Department Chair or School administration in a timely manner.
- Attend all paid school and department meetings as scheduled.
- Bachelors Degree in Music Performance, Music Education, Pedagogy, and/or related discipline.
- 1+ years experience teaching music in a classroom setting.
- Experience designing course curriculum and private lesson curriculum
- Ability to transcribe music by ear.
- Knowledge and use tablature and sheet music programs to provide materials for students.
- Can teach by ear, using tablature and sheet music.
- Excellent and consistent charting abilities.
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Professional and engaging interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and work well with many constituents: Parents, teachers, front office, and school admin staff.
- Knowledge of how to play, teach, and write curriculum for violin and fiddle. Knowledge of additional instruments is a plus.