Jobs and Internships
Outreach Instructor: After School Programs
Job: Swallow Hill is seeking guitar and ukulele instructors for our after school outreach programs in Denver-Metro area schools.
Term: Part time
Start Date: September 2016
Application Deadline: 8/16/2016
How To Apply: Send resume, 3 references with phone numbers, and a cover letter providing information on your education and professional teaching experience to:
Chris McGarry: Director of Outreach and Instruction
Subject: Outreach Instructor: After School Programs
No phone calls, please.
Schedule: Schedule will be set upon hiring and based on demand. After school lessons take place between Monday and Thursday during the after school hours. These classes run weekly for eight to twelve weeks. Applicants will need to have at least one weekday afternoon available. Longer and multi-day commitments may be available.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music, Education or equivalent experience
- At least one year of teaching children in a classroom setting
- Teaching experience in public schools, non-profits, after school programs or summer camp programs a plus
- Knowledge of how to play, teach, and write curriculum for guitar and/or ukulele
- Ability to engage class by incorporating recognizable and popular songs
- Ability to sing for a class and lead a class in song
- Ability to engage children by incorporating popular songs into weekly lessons
- Experience designing course curriculum and private lesson curriculum
- Provide well-rounded quality musical instruction to students
- Work with Swallow Hill curriculum to develop a plan for the duration of the session.
- Evaluate and keep records of student progress throughout the session.
- Work closely with our partner schools to meet the needs of students.
- Manage a classroom of school-aged children.