Jobs and Internships
Production and Promotion Internship
Swallow Hill Music is looking for an enthusiastic, responsible, self-sufficient individual to be our Promotion and Production Intern for the 2014 Summer Concert Season. You will be involved in the planning, marketing, and execution of Swallow Hill Music events.
You will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Concert Director and the Project & Publicity Manager to learn the process of contracting, planning, marketing, and execution of concerts. You are expected to dedicate no less than 20 hours per week to this internship; you must be present in the office on Tuesday mornings, at all Botanic Gardens concerts, summer festivals, and 50% of the in-house concerts on Friday and/or Saturday nights.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Production of live events in a graduated weekly program
- Production Assistant for all Denver Botanic Gardens and Arvada Center shows
- Tracking attendance to concerts
- Planning and preparing materials for concert staff
- Attending marketing and production meetings twice a week
- Aiding specifically in the promotion and production of events for the Café stage
- Organizing completed concert files
- Other duties as assigned
- Working towards or recently achieved a degree in music business or event planning-related field
- Detail-oriented and able to work with minimal supervision
- Effective project management skills essential
- Ability to multi-task and work without constant direction
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Initiative, drive, common sense, creative flair and flexibility essential
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products required, specifically Excel.
This is an unpaid internship; however, complimentary tickets will be available to the intern for all summer concerts produced or promoted by Swallow Hill Music. Additionally, references will be provided upon request upon the successful completion of the internship.
Qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Concerts
Attn: Production and Promotion Internship
Please, no phone calls.
Rolling deadline. We will review proposals as they come to us, and we will contact you if we are interested in meeting to discuss your qualifications further.