Jobs and Internships
Production and Promotion Intern
Swallow Hill Music is looking for an enthusiastic, responsible, self-sufficient student to be our Promotion and Production Intern for January – May 2015. You will be involved in the planning, marketing, and execution of Swallow Hill Music events.
You will work under the direct supervision of the Associate Concert Director to learn the process of contracting, planning, marketing, and execution of concerts. You are expected to dedicate no less than 20 hours per week to this internship; you must be present in the office on Tuesday mornings and at concerts through the week.
Duties and responsibilities
- Production of live events in a graduated weekly program
- Tracking attendance to concerts
- Planning and preparing materials for concert staff
- Attending marketing and production meetings once a week
- Aiding specifically in the promotion and production of events for the Café stage
- Organizing completed concert files
- Other duties as assigned
- Working towards a degree in music business or event planning-related field
- Detail-oriented, able to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Initiative, drive, common sense, and flexibility
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel
Qualified candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director of Concerts
Attn: Production and Promotion Internship
Please, no phone calls.
December 1st application deadline
We will review applications as submitted, and we will contact you if we are interested in meeting to discuss your qualifications further.
Unpaid, tickets to all Swallow Hill Music concerts, letters of reference and recommendation upon successful completion of the internship