Director of Development
Position: Director of Development
Reporting To: CEO
Swallow Hill Music is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to bringing the joy of music to life every day. As a home for individuals and families who want to learn about, listen to and perform music, we invite everyone to connect and experience music in their own way. Swallow Hill Music hosts exceptional musical experiences throughout the community, focusing on the presentation of world-class artists who enrich the local arts scene and range from noteworthy local performers to up-and-coming and seasoned national and international acts. Our music school welcomes students into an inclusive community where they make social connections through music. With more than 165,000 musical connections made each year, Swallow Hill Music brings a new energy to the Denver metro area with programming that builds a community of music listeners and learners that are connecting to music in fresh and innovative ways.
Swallow Hill Music is seeking a development leader with a history of success creating and executing fund development efforts. This passionate senior development professional will create Swallow Hill’s comprehensive fund development plan, oversee development staff and contractors, and work closely with Swallow Hill’s CEO, department leaders, and Board of Directors to increasing overall revenue.
- Develop, plan and execute a comprehensive development program (including campaigns, appeals, events and corporate partnerships) that achieve or surpass annual revenue goals for foundation, corporate, government and individual donors and members
- Plan, coordinate and participate in all aspects of the fundraising cycle including identification, introduction, cultivation, invitation, appreciation and stewardship of all donors in partnership with staff and board leadership
- Create and manage an annual development income and expense budget, with corresponding goals and outcomes.
- Supervise a Development Coordinator, contract grant writer and other consultants and vendors as needed
- Work with Swallow Hill’s marketing team to integrate development into all marketing efforts across the organization and maximize investments in materials and messaging
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board Development Committee and:
- Provide support, education and leadership to enhance the Board’s ability to identify and engage new funding prospects;
- Provide reports to the Board regarding development strategies, tactics and the achievement of goals;
- Work to elevate Swallow Hill’s culture of philanthropy
- Monitor expenditures of grant funds, in conjunction with the Finance Department, in order to prepare financial reports for funders
- Assess and update current systems, policies, and procedures for development efforts including: cultivation, stewardship, gift/pledge processing, fund reporting, acknowledgments, tracking and reporting
- Work with the Outreach Director to create reports for current and potential future funders
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in development including 3 years of senior management experience, a successful track record in fundraising with a high level of leadership and fiscal management skills. The successful candidate should have a passion and enthusiasm for Swallow Hill’s mission and strategic plan elevating music education and performance in the community.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include Director of Development in subject line. Only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.