Customer Service Shift Lead
Swallow Hill Music is a nonprofit community for musicians and music lovers who appreciate the ability of music to bring people together. As a home for individuals and families who want to learn about, listen to and perform music, we invite everyone to connect and experience music in their own way. Swallow Hill Music hosts exceptional musical experiences throughout the community, focusing on the presentation of world-class artists who enrich the local arts scene and range from noteworthy local performers to up-and-coming and seasoned national and international acts. Our music school welcomes students into an inclusive community where they make social connections through music. With more than 175,000 musical connections made each year, Swallow Hill Music brings a new energy to the Denver metro area with programming that builds a community of music listeners and learners that are connecting to music in fresh and innovative ways. We are dedicated to bringing the joy of music to life every day.
The Customer Service team is dedicated to creating an exceptional experience for our patrons. We pride ourselves on creating a fun and collaborative environment where we solve problems together. Do you love to help people? Do you love music? We are looking for bright, goal oriented people and leaders for our patron-focused team.
As a Customer Service Shift Lead, you will coach, motivate, and manage our customer service staff during applicable shifts while also contributing to the daily operations of our front office.
General Job Duties:
- Assists Customer Service Director in the motivation and inspiration of our customer service team to achieve our goals in delivering outstanding service to our community
- Drive team to meet and exceed concert attendance, school registration, and music connection goals
- Identify opportunities to improve processes to better meet the needs of our patrons and drive overall associate efficiencies
- Critical in resolving escalated patron issues
- Provide prompt, friendly and professional support to patrons via email, phone, and through website inquiries
- Concert ticket processing
- Registration for classes, workshops, and private lessons based on style preference, experience and student and teacher availability
- Other sales processing tasks including memberships, merchandise, recording studio time, and gift certificates
- Building preparation when applicable
- Closing responsibilities when applicable
- Assist Customer Service Director in execution of day-to-day operations including workflow, scheduling, meetings, tactic analysis, training opportunities, and reporting
- Other administrative duties as assigned (particularly during weeks 3-6 of each 8-week session) including online private lesson requests, contacting students to inform them of class or lesson cancellations, mail delivery, invoice collection, and other tasks as needed
Ideal Skill Set and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years of customer service or client services experience
- A high level of customer service aptitude including significant in-person, email, and phone communication skills
- Strong adaptability and openness to change
- Passionate about our patron experience
- The skills and ability to manage time effectively in a sometimes unstructured environment
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities
- A demonstrated ability to coach, develop, motivate and inspire teams
- Strong technological aptitude – this role requires extensive use of database and software systems
- Ability to work full-time between our Yale & Lowry locations in Denver, CO.
- The ability to work non-standard business hours, including evenings & weekends as needed
Interested candidates, please submit a resume and cover letter via email to: Ashley Kidder
Customer Service & Facilities Director
Subject: Customer Service Shift Lead
Please, no phone calls.
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 28th