Director of Development
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Development is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive strategic fundraising plan for Swallow Hill. This position reports directly to the CEO, works closely with the Board of Directors and will supervise a Development Manager and Administrative Assistant.
- Develop, plan and execute a comprehensive development program that secures financial resources from foundations, corporations, government and individual donors and members to support Swallow Hill’s goals;
- Create, lead and manage strategies for campaigns, appeals, corporate partnerships, foundations and events to meet, or surpass, organizational funding goals for short-term and long-term objectives;
- Work with the CEO and Board to identify and engage new funding prospects and tactics;
- Coordinate with the Finance Department to monitor expenditures of grant funds and preparation of financial reports to funders;
- Assess and update current systems, policies, and procedures for development efforts including: cultivation, stewardship, gift/pledge processing, fund reporting, acknowledgments, tracking and reporting;
- Report regularly to the Board of directors and its Development Committee regarding development strategies and outcomes;
- Staff the Board’s Development Committee and provide support, education and leadership to the Board to increase their understanding and engage them in Swallow Hill’s work and enhance their ability to bring resources to the organization;
- Work with the CEO and the Development Committee to build and cultivate a culture of philanthropy among Swallow Hill’s board, staff and supporters;
- Create an annual budget, with corresponding goals and outcomes, for the Development Department; and
- Work with Swallow Hill’s marketing team to integrate development into all marketing efforts across the organization and maximize investments in materials and messaging.
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in development including 3 years of senior management experience, A successful track record in fundraising with a high level of leadership and fiscal management skills. The successful candidate should have a passion and enthusiasm for Swallow Hill’s mission and strategic plan – the importance of music education and performance in the community.
Compensation dependent on experience.
Benefits include medical, dental, holidays, vacation and sick time in accordance with the Swallow Hill Music employee manual.
Please email cover letter and resume to paul @swallowhillmusic.org with the subject line “Director of Development.” Materials must be received 5pm September 6, 201,7 to be considered for this position.