Position: Music Therapist
Reporting To: Director of Community Outreach
Hours: 2-10 hours weekly with opportunity to grow
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
How to apply: Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Music Therapist Application”.
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2020, 5 p.m.
Swallow Hill’s Music Therapy programming is facilitated by Board Certified Music Therapists, who use evidence-based music programming and interventions to support specific physical, emotional, cognitive or social needs. Swallow Hill’s music therapists use music as the tool to help improve people’s lives. We take pride in meeting the needs of a wide variety of individuals who want to learn and experience music including (but not limited to):
- Individuals with Sensory Processing Disorders or Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Individuals with Developmental disabilities
- Adults living with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Individuals dealing with Trauma or mental health issues
- Individuals who are immunocompromised and their families
- Veterans living with mental health needs
The Therapist position will be helping to cover current programming for Swallow Hill therapists on leave in the summer months, but depending on your interest, there might be additional opportunities available for immediate work in addition to long-term opportunities. Swallow Hill’s outreach programming is growing rapidly and we are looking for interested instructors to teach a variety of programming.
Swallow Hill offers much flexibility. You choose your days/times for individual sessions at Swallow Hill and can work this alongside other schedules or clinical work.
- MT-BC certification
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Music Therapy
- Experience working with ASD, kids and adults with mild to moderate intellectual and developmental disabilities, geriatrics and dementia, early childhood development with special needs
- Provide individual sessions at Swallow Hill for families interested in adaptive lessons, and typical (overall) music therapy sessions
- Provide group sessions offered at remote locations throughout Denver metro area with assisted living and geriatric populations
- Potential for group sessions in part with Little Swallows outreach programming with preschool and elementary aged children (music therapist to address higher needs schools/classes and classes with special needs)
If you are looking for a chance to broaden your overall clinical skills and scope of practice, and want to work alongside a diverse musical team, consider joining the team at Swallow Hill.
Materials must be received 5pm March 31, 2020 to be considered for this position.