Job Title: Customer Service Associate
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Effective Date: 23 September 2022
Classification: Part-time, 15-25 hours per week
Compensation: $16.50 Hourly
Swallow Hill Music is a nonprofit community for musicians and music lovers who appreciate the ability of music to bring people together. As a home for individuals and families who want to learn about, listen to and perform music, we invite everyone to connect and experience music in their own way. Swallow Hill Music hosts exceptional musical experiences throughout the community, focusing on the presentation of world-class artists who enrich the local arts scene and range from noteworthy local performers to up-and-coming and seasoned national and international acts. Our music school welcomes students into an inclusive community where they make social connections through music. We are
dedicated to bringing the joy of music to life every day.
The Swallow Hill Music Customer Service Associate plays an integral role in the success of Swallow Hill Music programs by representing Swallow Hill and providing a positive patron experience.
The Customer Service Associates are the front line of Swallow Hill’s business and facility, and members of the team are present during all programming hours. A proposed schedule will be provided during the interview process. Evening and weekend availability is required.
- A strong desire to gain knowledge about Swallow Hill Music’s mission and programming.
- Concert ticket processing in-person and over the phone.
- Registration for classes, workshops, and private lessons based on style preferences, experience and student and teacher availability.
- Other sales processing tasks, including memberships, merchandise, recording studio time, and gift certificates.
- Works cross-functionally with other departments to achieve common goals.
- Building preparation at the start of each day when working the opening shift.
- Performing closing duties and proper daily accounting when working closing shift.
- Other administrative duties as assigned during slower business periods, including responding to online inquiries, contacting students to inform them of class or lesson cancellations, development tasks, among other duties as needed.
- Support students and teachers remotely for online classes, workshops, and lessons.
- Participate in DEI work at Swallow Hill, serving on one of the subcommittees within the larger DEI group.
- Values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills and capacity to troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales and customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and Point of Sale Systems.
- Comfortable utilizing remote meeting & video conferencing technology such as Zoom.
Education and Experience:
- One to two years related experience required.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Swallow Hill provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Swallow Hill complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities and/or programming.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Customer Service Associate Application” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.