Social Media Manager
Position: Social Media Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
Hours: Part-time position of 20 hours/week at $15/hour. Schedule is very flexible, but must be able to work nights/weekends depending on need.
Swallow Hill Music is looking for an energetic, creative individual to be our new Social Media Manager. The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing, creating, and executing a comprehensive social media strategy for the organization.
- Strategize and execute social media initiatives across Swallow Hill Music social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- Draft, publish and manage social media posts, monitor conversations and produce multimedia content.
- Monitor, track and report potential issues arising on social channels that impact Swallow Hill Music or its stakeholders.
- Help measure and report on social media performance, and provide recommendations for optimizing channel performance.
- Assist in running paid social campaigns promoting editorial content and fundraising materials.
- Plan and schedule social media content aligned with integrated campaigns and news announcements.
- Develop and train staff on social media best practices.
- Provide support for team-wide multimedia needs, such as photo and video shoots for social media purposes.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to create and deliver clear and persuasive communications for varying audiences.
- Experience distilling information into compelling stories.
- Familiar with online and offline marketing principles and earned and social media’s function within mix of paid, earned, shared and owned channels for optimal impact and audience engagement.
- Analytical approach and good problem-solving skills, coupled with creativity.
- Enjoy working on a small team in a fast-paced environment.
- An appreciation of music and music education.
- Experience using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and associated tools and programs (Hootsuite, etc.) for professional and/or marketing purposes.
- Proficiency with photo/video shooting and production.
Candidates must have a passion for Swallow Hill’s mission, vison and values and a proven record for working well on a team and independently. At least two years of experience producing or managing social media programming in a marketing, public relations or newsroom environment is a plus. Some college experience is preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Meg Ivey Yon, Marketing Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is April 27, 2018. No phone calls, please.