Position: Development Manager
Reporting To: Director of Development
The Development Manager reports to the Director of Development and is responsible for implementing Swallow Hill’s development plan including research and preparation of materials for successful donor acquisition, tracking moves management, event execution, and donation processing, and membership retention and acquisition. The Development Manager works with the marketing team to enhance development messaging through numerous outlets including Swallow Hill’s website, social media, newsletters, and information booths.
- Execute goals and tactics to secure individual, corporate, foundation and public support through identification, cultivation, stewardship and recognition.
- Create and implement cultivation and stewardship plans for all donor types and giving levels and coordinate moves with Director of Development, CEO and Board members when appropriate.
- Maintain donor database and track, coordinate and report on prospect and donor moves
- Plan and coordinate logistics of tours and meetings with prospects and donors
- Research new potential funding sources that align with Swallow Hill’s mission and goals
- Oversee donor correspondence, including gift acknowledgments, tax receipts and impact reports
- Maintain grant management system, ensuring all deadlines and requirements are met and coordinate grant applications with a contracted grants writer, assisting with reports, draft reviews, budget formatting and other materials as required
- Coordinate Colorado Gives Day and end-of-year giving campaigns and scholarship drive
- Work with the Marketing team to maintain, update, and improve Swallow Hill’s website and social media presence
- Create annual report, letters, e-newsletters, flyers, and other marketing materials
- Responsible for membership retention and aquisition
- Assist in planning and execution of donor events, member events, and the annual fundraiser
- Coordinate logistics for fundraising events including venue, marketing, and tracking
- Manage volunteers to support fundraising events
- Assist the Director of Development in setting short-term and long-term fund development strategies, goals and objectives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Organization and planning
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Work ethic
- High standards
- Written and oral communication
Qualified applicants must have a bachelor’s degree; a minimum of 3 years of experience in development; proven ability at maintaining relationships, anticipating challenges and proactively addressing them; and a passion for Swallow Hill’s mission and strategic plan.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include Development Manager in subject line. Only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.